Wholesale Miscanthus sinensis
Miscanthus sinensis are popular ornamental grasses with landscapers and grow best in USDA zones 5 - 9 in a position of full sun. In cooler zones, even zone 5 some protection over winter may be required.
Used in clumps in the border as a feature, for mass planting as a ground cover plant as well as a container plant where it can add some height and interest year round.
Miscanthus sinensis are also known as Japanese Silver Grass and Maiden Grass.
Miscanthus sinensis Varieties include :
- Miscanthus sinensis ‘Morning light’ have creamy white leaf margins which adds slighter feel, excellent when it can be backbit in the evening or the morning.
- Miscanthus sinensis ‘adagio’ is s lower growing cultivar with good silvery green foliage, flower heads rise above in late summer to fall.
- Miscanthus sinensis ‘little kitten’ another lower growing variety to around 2ft, flowers will rise above.
- Miscanthus sinesnsis ‘Yaku Jima’ holds its flowers lower down in the foliage.
- Miscanthus x giganteus is not widely grown in gardens, it does have its uses however at 12 ft it is a little large for many landscaping applications, it is however grown commercially as a biofuel, especially in Europe.
NJ’S PLANTS and TREES
Burlington NJ 08016
phone 856 986-4233
5520 Bahma Rd Rougemont NC 27572
1589 North Main ST Orange CA 92867
phone 800 524-0209